Sunday 8 January 2012

Making Time

Hmmm, Making Time. It's been sooo difficult to make time to update posts and add photos and I find I'm usually doing it way past my bedtime and perhaps my computer's bedtime as well as the poor old thing doesn't cope too well with the late nights (rather like me actually!!).  Em and I have been wondering how to approach the whole thing. Do we get the 40th posts out the way and then catch up on our daily life or does it just have to fit in with each other when we can? How can we be disciplined enough to regularly update when daily routine (or lack of) sometimes doesn't allow for discpline or time? The I thought we should take the pressure off and do it however it comes. Let it unfold without too much direction and thought. So here 'tis- post number 2.

So you see we've both been crafting in our own time and I've been quite hooked on creating little owl softies. Not crocheted but sewn on B's mum's old sewing machine which is a ripper. I've rediscovered a love for sewing after beeing totally crochet mad (which I still am. This is just quicker!).  So here's the little fella. I love that he's rather odd looking. He was made especially for my friend's
2 yr old son. The fabric is from 2 pairs of pants that were his and now refashioned into little hootie. The squeal of delight when he opened it 'my pants, my pants, whoooo whooo'. It was so delightful watching him running about the room with hootie in full flight. It made my heart swell. The joy and the heart-felt glee. He is double sided with opposing fabrics and different eyes to suit whatever mood takes him. The pattern is from The Crafty Kid book by Kelly Doust. Very easy, very flexible. Love that!! I've since made another one for another friend's son from some flannelette pj fabric which I will post a photo of next time. He's super cute.

Well bedtime calls. A cup of tea and a few pages of my current read and I'll be off to dreamland. Little miss 1 has been sleeping really well and I think I need to make the most of it while it lasts.
Sweet Dreams
x Le x

No comments:

Post a Comment