Tuesday 13 November 2012

Quickity Quick

It's so so late and I really should be in bed but I am sooooo excited I have finally started a project, a long term project, that I have been wanting to start since I began crocheting a couple of years ago. It's a blanket of rippley stripes in cheery bright colours to put a little spark into each and every day.
And look here, it actually takes shape really quickly. I love that about crochet, results are immediate and when you're a time poor mamma, there's few things better than instant crafty results.

I began with 224 chains in a happy, sunny yellow and it took about 45mins to finish the first row. I'm using a beautiful wool called Zara and if I could get my very sore legs off the chair, I'd happily get the tag that's on the other side of the lounge room and give the details! That will have to wait as this post is going out quickity quick so I can go to sleep. My legs are sore because my son's school buddy's mum and I have started a little exercise regime after school while the kids run around. A little run, some squats, some sit ups and some skipping. Our first session was monday afternoon and today is tuesday, I AM SO SORE!

Anyhow, back to the crochet, I think this blankie could be my next crochet addiction!
Here's a peek of the colours I have to choose from.....ahh sweet woolly dreams... Nighty Night
xx Le xx

2 comments:

  1. Your stash of wool looks amazing and so, so pretty. Look forward to seeing your progress with this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, if you check out new posts you'll see it more regression than progression! LOL xx

      Delete