Friday 7 June 2013

Babushka For Matilda




A crocheted babushka for my little friend Matilda who will be 4 next month. I am actually organised and not cramming in a birthday gift make the night before, so usual for me. I've been wanting to make this cute little gal since I saw them over at Attic 24. They're from a really gorgeous book that's been sitting idle on my craft table for a little while. A book I often flick through and crave to make projects from but never really find the time at the right time, if you know what I mean, to actually get to it. And then I was inspired and reminded of the little babushka family when I saw this darling little babushka tile coaster at my local market. It was sitting there in the basket of coasters under a few others. It had been sitting there all day as I sat beside it at my own stall. I felt so lucky when I uncovered her, lucky that no one else had snapped her up. I had to have her for Matilda as my dear little friend has lovely babushka curtains in her room that her mamma made and I'm glad I remembered at the right moment. 
Oh, BTW,  the book is 'cute & easy crochet' by Nikki Trench (see the links below). A bargain buy from fishpond.com.au that has me wanting to crochet every project. 
I love hats, I want to make this one............


I love scarves, I want to make this one...........


I love bags, I don't have a crocheted bag, I want to make this one..........


See what I mean and there's loads more. Lovely colour palette, lovely photography and best of all, the pattern was very, very easy to follow. 
So now my dilemma is, do I settle for one little babushka, or make the whole family?? What do you think Em??
x Le x

 http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2011/10/cute-easy-crochet.html 
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Cute-and-Easy-Crochet-Nicki-Trench/9781907563201








No comments:

Post a Comment