Thursday 3 April 2014

Hop, Hop, Hoppin' Along..............

Well Birthdays have come and gone, Christmas came and went, then New Years and even a wedding has been celebrated yet the crafting goes on, slowly, untold, in between time, in between working, home loving, children raising etc etc. And then the next thing you know.......... a blog post!!! Wow!
These little bunnies had me inspired to write a post. The first in many months and I won't apologise because life has been full. Life has been busy and life has been celebrated. Wanna see my bunnies???? Here they are, a basket of bouncy, bopping Bunny Buttontails all set go and find new homes for Easter.

All lined up, ready to go, flashing their little buttontails though the blue one out front is a wee bit shy and his tail keeps flopping over to hide his cute little white vintage button, but I do love his ric-rac neck tie!

They have been keeping company with my cotton crocheted egg cozies who are hoping to keep someone's soft boiled eggs warm this winter. Button tops and loopy handles at the ready to brightened dull, grey winter skies.

The little ducky egg cup was my husband's father's and is treasured in our house. Our children are quite fascinated by Grandpa Jim who passed on when our eldest was 5 months old. Our daughter who has never met him proclaimed him to be her favourite grandpa and I had to giggle as I'm not sure how my dad, still alive and well, would take that!!

Well Happy Easter everyone. I hope you enjoy the school holidays- yay no more lunches to make at 8am!! Have Hip, Hop, Happy time.
x Le x

The template and instructions for the bunnies can be found at this blog I found on Pinterest. I added the buttontail and changed the finish a bit. The egg cozy are adapted from a Nicki Trench pattern in Cute and Easy Crochet with the addition of loops and buttons and an invisible finishing join.
Give 'em a go and enjoy some crafting (and chocolate) this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment