Friday 27 January 2012

40th Retreat Day Two November 24 - Part One

Thursday 24th November


The dogs next door managed to wake me at 7.30am- not impressed considering this was my first sleep in without children since hmmm, 2006!!! I actually woke quite a few times in the night. Right about when gorgeous little miss 14months would wake a for a cuddle. Our goal for today was to get to the hot springs, early and this was our best attempt, 9.00 ! 

9.05am- And here we are. Not quite the early birds we thought we'd be (in by 7am out by 10am = $15 refund on $30entry....tomorrow maybe?). What a gorgeous place and can you see us there in the very top pool- 41c, 360degree view of the peninsula and only a few clouds in sight. And oh the relief.... ....ahhhhhhhh, just leave me here all day.


Amazing what you'll do when no one is watching!! We indulged in some much needed yoga poses. 14 months of sitting all scrunched up breastfeeding and picking up baby and my big 5 year son who still loves cuddles (thank goodness- never stop cuddling your boys) had been taking it's toll and especially now I was 40, I could feel it all- everywhere!! Em's quite diligent at doing her stretches and inspires me to get onto it.



My favourite was/is the Reflexology Walk. An underwater path
of varying pebbles and rocks that aim to tickle or torment all parts of your foot. I know some people can't stand it but my favourite thing in the world is having my feet pampered and tickled. I absolutely love it. I could have it done to me for hours and never tire. Such is this path that leads to the thermal pools- it's a tease, a little taste of what delights lay ahead. And look at the beautiful native plantings- just gorgeous. Yes Em, I've made these pictures small for good reason :-)


The detail is not lost. We noticed the robe hangers are lovely smooth rocks and thought this such a good idea especially as Em has an outdoor shower at her place and her lovely husband is a talented sculpture ( Juet Sculpture ) who has created many wonderful outdoor garden rooms on their block.


We had a marvellous time. A total of 2 hours of bathing in pools of varying temperatures. Oh and the Turkish Steam House- ooohhhh yyyeeeaaaahhhh. A large domed room filled with steam and lined with marble benches, marble sinks and a huge, flat, hexagonal marble 'stone' right in the middle at about knee height. We took turns laying on it and ceremoniously poured cool water over each others body's from head to toe. Oh the sensation of cool and hot all at once was both relaxing and invigorating simultaneoulsy- wierd!! We could do this again and again.........

11.30am -  Breakfast- yes this is holiday breakfast time. We drive to Sorrento for breaky and a spot of shopping. Unfortunately we didn't take any photos of our first breakfast away as we were too busy enjoying a lovely ocean view on a glorious sunny day. A really good coffee for me and that delicous Calmar Sutra Chai for Em. I had mushrooms on sourdough toast w/ free range bacon and soft poached egg and ditto for Em minus the bacon I think.


the Sorrento foreshore with the Queenscliff ferry

While we ate we thought we may as well ummm hmmm, shop I suppose!!!


There was colour everywhere. It's what I love about beachside towns. They embrace colour, bright cheery colours that put a skip in your step and make you feel happy. And that's just what we felt - springy, skippy and happy.



We tried on clothes, tops, pants, scarves, tunics and bought things. We both had birthday money to spend so I spent some of the money my mum gave me on a Vigorella tunic and a long, soft, floaty scarf edged with crochet cotton. Em bought 2 tunic tops, hmm can't remember if she got this one she's trying ( did you get this one Em and was it 1 or 2 you got from here?????) I love Vigorella. I have about 10 pieces now that I have gathered over the last 2 years. They are floaty, feminine, easy care and flattering. I've bought some retail and some on ebay.

Em sipped on a lovely latte as we strolled the sun-drenched streets
We looked in book shops, sat on outdoor furniture we couldn't afford and soaked up the rays.
Ok I'm outof time now so stay tuned for Day Two Part Two ........

xx Le xx





No comments:

Post a Comment