Saturday 28 January 2012

Secretly Crocheting

Well while I haven't finished the last birthday retreat post- (I'm having trouble getting photos and text in the desired position and I am wondering why the text size keeps changing right before my eyes and it appears differently on the post as it does while I'm actually writing the post which makes it all look a bit higglety-pigglety.........aaarrrhhhh...............) Anyhow.......

I have been crocheting like crazy while pretending to be staying up late watching the tennis (Australian Open). Here's my ta-dah's..........

Here's my first project in progress. I was enjoying a moment of quiet while little miss 1 was sleeping and little master 5 was playing with Dadda. I had a wonderful view of the mountains from the decking and I was enjoying the changing colours of the summer sky. Just moments before it was what we call the Golden Hour. It's at about 6pm in the height of summer when as the sun falls below the tree line and sets down the valley, golden ribbons of light weave their way through the canopy of gums and highlight natures bounty right before our eyes. It is truly beautiful.............



Here 'tis. I love it's cheery colour. I bought this stool from the op shop about a year ago for $4 with mind to crochet a cover for it. Finally it sits proudly in our row of stools at the breakfast bench and it greets me happily when I walk in the door.

Now there's more to come but it's now lunch time and we are all hungry. Little miss 1 has just woken, master 5 is playing Lego. So while it is too hot to play outside we will retreat for a few hours until it's more pleasant to head outside and take a splash in the river.

x Le x


No comments:

Post a Comment