Friday 20 July 2012

A Little Show and Tell

I've been soooo desperate to write a post but I have been put off of late because our poor old and very slow computer can't handle much lately, particularly when it comes to uploading photos. I feel I've had so little time to be creative these school holidays - oh apart from making toilet roll binoculars, choc-chip cookies and cubby houses out of large Ikea boxes! We've had alot of fun and now I need to create something, a bigger crochet project. My brother has announced they are expecting a baby in february and I think I'd like to make a really lovely blankie. Something ripply perhaps, something soft and gorgeous. I'll start soon as it will take a while.

Em I feel like I haven't seen you in EVER!!! I laughed at your last post re beanie frustration- can't wait to chat about all your idle crafty holiday happiness and check out that necklet which looks gorgeous, any wonder you got comments! And that new crochet book by Erica Knight looks gorgeous. I laughed because I nearly bought it myself from fishpond.com.au, click right here to see it. I think we need a crafty crochet catch up real soon and a look at that book........please...............

In the meantime here's a couple of things I made before the school holidays happened upon us.


My first pair of fingerless gloves. They're so super soft and warm. I found this 4ply cashmere/merino blend at $4 a ball at the local bargain shop which has everything from glitter stickers to dog food! I used a half treble stitch for the hand bit and a pattern from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks for the wrist part. I wear them everywhere at the moment.



Next is my bangle from Mollie Makes Issue 15. It's chunky, it's funky. I love it! Made it in half an hour one night. It's 2 strands of pure wool and was a little tricky using front-post treble and back-post treble stitches but it turned out as it should. It's my new winter accessory.



Now I was given this beautiful skein of wool from a dear friend for my 40th and I've only just wound it into 2 equal balls. Any ideas what to make with it? It's quite thick with beautifully variegated colours, lovely handspun yarn deserves to be made into something amazing. I'm just not sure what yet!!! What do you think?????????????????????

x Le x




No comments:

Post a Comment