Saturday 17 November 2012

Me and My Machine

My sewing machine that is! We have reconnected and made friends with each other again. I am in throws of rejuvinated craftiness and I am loving it.
I am in love with my crocheted ripples of colour that I have begun. 4 rows in 2 colours are complete and this rate I may have it finished before christmas however I will have to put it aside for other crafty endeavours and exciting christmas preparations. In amidst all that I have FINALLY begun a gift for my big little man. Something I wanted to make for him last christmas and have only just now gotten to, just in time for this year-hooray!
Metres and metres of fabric and lengths if ribbony ribbon are coming together nicely. I'm not very sew savvy so this is an adventure for me. I have sewn softies and little animal friends and I'm not sure why big patterns and clothes scare me so. I have never sewn clothes and I so want too!
It is difficult to squeeze time for sewing with the whirring of the machine getting unwanted attention from little ears and seeing it's a pressie, this mission has to be completed in secret. My windows of opportunity are narrow so I squeeze my time with my machine into the space where Little S has her day sleep. Long live the day sleep!

Posted via DraftCraft app

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks exciting...I wonder what it is...is it a teepee? Cant wait to see it all finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All will be revealed. I can't wait to finish it! Give me time, give me time! Xx

    ReplyDelete