Saturday 17 November 2012

OH NOOOOO!

I have learnt a very big lesson this morning. Last night I popped into bed with a cup of tea, covers up, the children soundly sleeping and my rows of ripples upon my lap. I was adding a new colour and after much discussion with B, who is my colour consultant, we decided upon the bright red.


Oh I was so comfy in bed! I had the Ipad too, checking emails, looking at Pinterest, messaging Em who too was crocheting. Very soon between ripply red rows and all of the above, it was 11.30pm and my eyes were tired. I got to the end of the row and realised I had one stitch too many and THOUGHT I had traced it back to not too far away. Fixed it, turned off the light and drifted off.

MORNING- I snuck out of bed in the quiet to begin the fourth colour, a gorgeous deep red and made it through about half way and thoguht, hhmmmm, something not quite right.
You see this pattern works on rises and falls and in lots of four. It's quite easy and very rhythmical BUT you do need to count. It goes like this........
4 treble, 2 treble in each of the next 2 stitches, 4 treble, 2 treble together in each of the next 2 stitches, 4 treble, etc etc. The 2 trebles in the 2 stitches make the rise and the 2 trebles together make the fall. See if you can see closer here....

My mistake lays in that first red row right between the head and the tail of the crochet hook. I have 8 trebles between each set of rise and fall, not the 4 required and that little iddy biddy error right there has mucked up, ever so slightly, the next 3 rows of 1.5metre crochet. Aaaaahhhhhh, hear me scream......

My little man was up with me and he took great joy in unravelling the rows.
Row after row of unravelling and winding. Nevermind, lesson learned. Crochet and crochet only. I'll try again tonight!
xx Le xx

Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments:

Post a Comment