Tuesday 23 October 2012

40th Retreat. Day Four Part Two

Reflecting Back To Saturday 26th November, 2011

so...as I said, it was rain, food, rain, coffee, rain, market or which ever order it was in, dressed in my 'Nina' gear.
We drove on to Mornington and delighted in the sunshine peeping tenuously from behind the clouds. I must say I did feel pretty swish in my newly acquired op shop dress, leggins, sandals and my volumptuos scarf, neck wrap thingy with lovely crocheted bits dangling off and swaying this way and that. Yes, quite swish! Em was looking gorgeous as usual wearing lovely flowing Vigorella and her beautiful Elk Red Bird.
T'wasn't long before we'd stocked up on some pasta, pesto and parmesan for din dins and headed home, straight into pyjammies and popped the kettle on. I love excuses to get jimjammed up in the middle of the day. it really is so luxurious especially when there's no kids around and all that there is left to do is to make tea, eat yummy cakey things and chat about.....mmmm......well, you know, stuff!

Tonight was to be pretty spesh coz our dearest friend Janiney was popping by for the night. The three of us have been great friends since primary school and there's hardly a minutes silence between the 3 of us when we're together. Really though, I think Neen could talk us under the table if it ever really came don to it. SO much goes on in our blessed, domestic, simple lives there's ne'er a chance to take a breath (love it).

So at some time or another Janine arrived and it was on. Laughter, chatter, nibbling, crafting, all of it simultaneously mind you.

I couldn't help but take a moment to look at these two totally amazing women who have shared my life. A quiet moment to myself ,as they yabbled on, to be grateful, to feel honoured, to feel totally wrapped up in the warmth of their friendship and smile.

After cups of teaand what not, we focused on our mission. A twilight bathe at the hot springs (number 3 for us!!),  and i was cccooold outside. The springs are just so pretty at night.

It really is done very well. I love meandering paths, canopies of trees that meet overhead, the sounds of babbling brooks and walkin' along with my peeps dipping in and out of warm spa pools. Chatting in low whispers as this is a place of serenity, oh the serenity. And who else wants to hear our gabble anyway!

We had such a lovely time, really and the view at night from the very top pool was magic. A blanket of starry starry night, a little breezy, fresh air abound with the faint hint of salt from the ocean.

It was so cool! You know, cool as in the hip kind of cool not the temperature kind of cool!
Oh yes, Em would berate me if I failed to mentioned this next bit. As Em had felt she was walking about with 'Nina' today (I think I'll let this remain a private joke), She wanted to know if Nina, like myself, would take the first step into the very front public pool at the hot springs only assuming there to be 'one' step and proceed to stumble down the other 3 and splash ever so unelegantly into the water whilst being witnessed by bathing attendants and fellow bathers? Well my guess is she would and probably recover just as poorly as I did. Thank goodness we were leaving.......



Our girls night could not be complete without a chick flick or two and some chocolate. We ate both those blocks and completely cacked ourselves during Bridesmaids - bloody funny!
It was not an early night and nor was it intended to be. oh well, off to Bedfordshire xxx
xx Le xx










No comments:

Post a Comment